Pages

1.09.2010

Let's start with the cast of characters...

Today I went through my freezers (both the inside and garage) and wrote down a list of every item in there.  All I can say is this is going to be quite the challenge!  At first I wanted to photograph every item, but once you see the list, you'll see why I opted not to.  Instead, I'm putting the complete list on the right side of my blog, so you can see the progress I've made.  Here are a few photos and descriptions of some of the things I found.


This is pineapple upside down cake.  I made it at one of those places where you make dinners ahead of time and then freeze them.  I am not eating sweets right now, but once I am, I think I will bake this and see how it turns out.  It's been in there a while, so I'm not too hopeful.

These are some of the fruits and veggies we keep.  I usually give these to Chris, because he's kind of a picky veggie eater.  The blueberries are usually used for pancakes, so I guess I'll be making some of those soon!
 
I'm not sure why I photographed these together, but here are two more items.  Chris bought the Steak-ummm, but I don't think it will be too hard to use up.  Same for the fettuccine, I'm hoping to make a fantastic pasta with it.

Hellooooooooooooooooooooooo Eggo!  I hear there's a shortage of these, but not in my freezer.  I actually bought these on a whim, and have only eaten two.  I highly recommend them though.  Add a little peanut butter and you have yourself a waffle PB&J. 
 
These are my secret problem.  Tastykake is only found on the east coast, so when I would go visit Chris I would bring a box home.  I will have no problem finishing these off, that's for sure.

And you can't forget the steak.  These are quality bacon wrapped filets from Omaha steaks.  I completely forgot about these until today.  Sorry Chris, I think you'll be missing out on these!

And then I will admit I threw a few things out that were so gross looking, I wasn't going to use them no matter what.  I managed to realize that this was gumbo, probably from a while ago.  Sorry gumbo, I will not be eating you again.  I also threw out some chilies, and some chorizo.  Oh and some incredibly freezer burned pineapple.  Oh well, can't eat everything.


Well folks, there you have it.  That's a recap of my freezer.  Take a look at the list on the side, and I'll let you know when I cross things off, and what meals I manage to make from all of this.  Hope you stay to follow along!

No comments: