Pages

6.25.2009

A Few Disasters

Remember back to when Hawkins ran away last week? In that post, I mentioned briefly that I fell and hurt my elbow while trying to let him in. It's finally time for the full recap. As you probably remember, I had been sleeping on the couch for the nights he was gone in order to hear him when he came home (I was obviously very positive he was actually coming home). Incidentally earlier in the evening, my dad had come over to help move all the furniture from the walls of the living room because we were scheduled to start painting. Because we have such a big unit with our big screen TV on it, we can only move it away from the wall about 3 feet. Because of that, everything was scrunched together against our couch, including our shag rug.
So anyways, the rug was now smack against the couch, so when I woke up to scratching at the door, I sprung up and started to run around my couch to get to the back door. At this point I'm not exactly sure what happened, but all of a sudden I was literally air born and landing on my left elbow. I was so full of adrenaline that I didn't seem to notice how bad it hurt until about 15 minutes later. The next morning though, I had quite the knot. It's been a week now, and the swelling has gone down significantly, but it still hurts to the touch. Hopefully in another few days I'll be as good as new.


The second disaster is my house, particularly my kitchen. This is a photo of it before painting the kitchen, and the ladder is outta here, but I still have nothing on the counters and my kitchen table is the catch-all for everything else. Stay tuned to see what it becomes!

1 comment:

Meg said...

What colors are you using?! I can't make up my mind! HELP! Sorry about your elbow :(

I need to start Breaking Dawn.