Pages

8.21.2008

It's Official!

I have run over 400 miles this year! It seems weird to say that, on one hand it seems like a lot, and on the other it doesn't really seem like that much at all. Some people who knew me in high school and college might be amazed to hear that I'm running period. I was never a runner, I hated running, and wanting nothing to do with running. I was completely satisfied playing tennis, dancing, or swimming. However, during my last semester of college I was home for Easter and my mom suggested that I go on a run with her. She had started running about a year and a half prior when the P.F. Changs Rock 'n Roll 1/2 Marathon came to town. I decided to humor her and go. Well I guess somewhere between high school and that day, running had become easier. I managed not to do too bad and decided that I too could do the 1/2 marathon. After all, it was 10 months away. I trained and trained and trained and completed my first 1/2 in January of 2006.

Now I am a complete running addict! Here's a list of 1/2 marathon race that I've completed so far. I JUST signed up for the inaugural San Antonio Rock 'n Roll race, so Megan I'm coming to see you! I usually refuse to do any races that are in the summertime or early fall because of the extreme heat here in the desert. I'm not good with running 12 miles in the heat. So far this summer, my longest outdoor run was 6 miles, and we start at 5:00am in 90+ heat!
  1. PF Changs Rock 'n Roll 1/2 Marathon (Phoenix) - 2006, 2007, 2008
  2. Country Music 1/2 Marathon (Nashville) - 2006
  3. Disneyland 1/2 Marathon (Anaheim) - 2006
  4. Shamrock 1/2 Marathon (Virginia Beach) - 2008

1 comment:

Meg said...

YEAH! I'm soo excited!

Don't worry you won't be running in the desert weather here...you'll be running in the jungle weather. Get ready to sweat!