Pages

8.25.2008

What a weekend...

Here's a photo of what we would have liked to be doing...














But instead, we finished about 95% of our backyard "remodel"! Yup, for those of you who have been reading for a while, we've been working on this since the end of April. There was a lot more work than we originally though, so along with our blistering heat, its taken us quite a while to get things done. Over the past two weekends we hauled 12.5 tons of rock from our driveway to the backyard. I honestly never want to look at rocks again! The only thing we have left is the above ground garden that needs to be built along the side of the house. I'm guessing it will be finished in the next few weeks. My parents came over last weekend for two days to help in the process, and my dad showed up again on Saturday to help Chris take the last load of dirt to the dump. Thank goodness for the dump! We had so much dirt in our backyard that had to be removed and we can take things to our city dump for free!

I'll post pictures soon. I was going to take some this morning, but we are having dreary weather due to Tropical Storm Julio and I wanted sunny photos of our "new" backyard!

P.S. The above photo was taken about three weeks ago after Chris worked in the yard for most of the day, and yes, he is wearing shorts if anyone was wondering!

No comments: