Pages

5.19.2008

Perfect For A Holiday Weekend BBQ

Even though its only Monday, I am already preparing for the upcoming holiday weekend! I love a good excuse to have an outdoor celebration so a BBQ around our pool with friends is a must. I'll be posting my menu with recipe ideas once I have it finalized, but in the meantime, I'd like to share a great way to spruce up any outdoor party. Instead of using plastic or paper plates, or even your everyday dishes, purchase the outdoor version instead!

There are so many different, and inexpensive, outdoor dishes available right now. Colors and patterns vary, but all of them scream summer. I've seen plates as low as $1.50 each and with bowls, cups, and serving pieces to match. You don't need to buy the entire set, but feel free to mix and match. Don't want to spring for the matching patterned glasses? Try finding cheaper glasses in a corresponding solid. If solid dishes are more your style, cover your table with a patterned table cloth or use patterned glasses or napkins. You can use your dishes all summer long and it's a nice break for your "regular stuff". Made of Melamine, most are dishwasher safe as well, which is definitely appealing to those who host parties often.

Below are a very that I like. I will let you know which ones I end up buying this week!

No comments: