Pages

5.23.2008

Holiday Weekend BBQ Menu

Today is the start of the holiday weekend! I am excited for a few reasons. One is that its in the 50's here in Arizona today, and should be in the low 70's and 80's through Monday. Two is that, weather permitting, we are going to finish our front yard "remodel" this weekend. Pictures should be coming soon! Three is that we are having our first official summer party on Monday afternoon. As I said in a previous post, I am here to post my final menu and give some last minute decor ideas.

Menu
Onion dip with potato chips
Brats with all the fixins' (buns, cheese, ketchup, mustard, pickles, etc.)
Ranch beans, the ones from a can, they are so tasty!
Garden salad with a variety of dressings
Fruit
Patriotic sugar cookies
Ice cream
Beer from our keggerator

I'm keeping it pretty simple in terms of decor. I bought some nice outdoor lights at Michaels that I plan to hang around our patio. They can stay up all summer since they are meant for the outdoors and can withstand the weather. Summer flowers will adorn the kitchen table since I will be serving inside. Hopefully I'll have time to buy some citronella candles as well in patriotic colors for other small areas around our yard. At the same time I hope to get some outdoor dinnerware.

The sugar cookies are my favorite part of the weekend. I'm using red, white, and blue sprinkles and a new sugar cookie recipe. I'll definitely post some pictures of these when they are finished. Happy Memorial Day Weekend!

No comments: