Pages

5.28.2008

So today would normally by Recipe Wednesday, but I've finally found a recipe I don't want to share. Sorry! I know that this is rare, but every once in a while, I come across something that is so good, I want it to be my little secret. This week's find was the sugar cookies I made for our BBQ on Memorial Day. I came across the recipe completely by chance, on the Internet of all places. So of course, you could Google sugar cookies too and maybe by chance come across the same recipe. I doubt it, but it is possible. This recipe said that they weren't your typical sugar cookie, so I thought I'd give it a try. Let me tell you, these cookies highly exceeded my expectations. They were perfectly flavored, the dough was easy to work with, and best of all, they didn't require chilling like most sugar cookie recipes.

I will, however, share my little sprinkle technique. Instead of rolling the cookies out and using cookie cutters, I rolled the dough into a ball and then rolled the dough in sprinkles before putting them on the baking sheet. I didn't bother to flatten the dough, the cookies flattened out on their own. It's an easy way to "decorate" your cookies without having to take extra time after they've baked. I hope you enjoy my little salute to the USA!



No comments: