Pages

5.13.2008

A Handy Gadget

First off, I'd like to apologize for my absence. Life at the house on canary has been pretty crazy over the last week or so, and I haven't had time to sit down in front of a computer for anything other than work or research. However, I am finally back and in full swing. While I usually do my item of the week on Thursday or Friday, I was reminded over the weekend how much I love breakfast, which led me to this week's item. Let's begin in September of 2006. We were moving into our house, it was pure craziness, and yet a freshly wrapped present rises among the boxes. Chris informs me that he's already bought my first Christmas present of the year. I was seriously shocked! I had no idea at all what was in that box, and couldn't even think of anything I had mentioned wanting. Well fast forward to Christmas, and when I finally open the box, I find the most handy gadget inside...the Egg N' Muffin maker!


This is the easiest way to make the homemade version of McDonald's Egg McMuffin (or Sausage McMuffin with Egg in my case) and everything about it is great. You start by putting your bread of choice in the slots. I like to use English muffins, but regular bread or a bagel also works. Then you crack the egg and place it in its container. In order to gauge the doneness of the egg, you add a pre-determined amount of water. Then place whatever meat you may like to add on the warming tray and set up is done. The best part? To start the process, you simply press one button. It determines the order in which things cook to make everything done at the exact same time. Simply assemble your sandwich and you are ready for some breakfast. Cleanup is easy too, just wash the egg cup, meat warming tray and lid, and you are done. The bonus is that you can also cook hard boiled eggs, 4 at a time, which is an easier alternative to cooking them on the stove. I highly recommend this to all breakfast eaters. Even if McDonald's is just around the corner, you are saving yourselves gasoline and calories!

No comments: