Pages

1.06.2010

Starting 2010 with a BANG!

Happy New Years everyone!  I hope that everyone had a wonderful holiday season and spent some quality time with family and friends.  Chris and I had a very busy holiday season, but I will blog about that once I have my photos ready. 

But a few other things have been going on since a few days before the New Year that have caused our world to be a bit topsy-turvy.  I've known about most of this for a few months now, but have been waiting to share everything until we had a few more solid details. 

I guess the biggest thing of all is...we are moving.  I wish I could say where, but honestly we don't know.  There are quite a few factors to deal with.  Chris is now based out of Maryland, USMC-wise, and has to report once per month.  It's too much to fly across the country every month, so we are looking into areas a few hours around Maryland, so he could easily drive every weekend.  He also must find a new job. He left for more training in California this morning, but is already starting to apply to some places back east.  Those are the Chris-based factors.  Now onto me.  I have applyed for a grad school program at ASU, which would start in the fall.  I will find out if I got in in the next few months, and if I get in, I will most likely stay here until school is finished.  I chose to apply here b/c the program is great, and the in-state tuition is hard to pass up.  If I don't get in, I will find a job wherever Chris does, and just move at the same time.

WHEW...wasn't that just daunting?  That's how I look at it.  Lots of unknowns and ifs, but I know that it will all work out in the end.  We've spent the last few days packing up the garage and books, and stuff we don't need right now.  Well Chris has, I don't touch all those tools for fear of his wrath:).  We've also done lots of decluttering, and I've been cleaning up the house all at the same time.   

Since Chris left this morning for 7 weeks at Camp Pendleton, I have time to pack up the house slowly and go through my stuff and try to weed out.  We are going to rent the house for now, and we have already had 1 person look.  But, this also gives me some more time to blog since Chris is usually ready for some human interaction by the time I get home at night.  I guess the animals don't make the best company day after day.  But speaking of them, here's a teaser picture about our Christmas vacation.  More to come soon!


No comments: