Pages

6.10.2008

Happy Belated National Doughnut Day!

Friday was National Doughnut Day and since I am such a huge fan of doughnuts, I celebrated with a trip to Krispy Kreme Doughnuts on Sunday. We only have one shop in the state after the previous franchise owners went bankrupt. Doughnuts are one of those items that, for me, are eaten rarely due to the "unhealthy" factor. Recently, right before Mother's Day in fact, I came across a recipe for homemade doughnuts in our local paper. I've been wanting to make them for some time, but am still searching for a doughnut pan. They are baked instead of fried, which is more appealing to the health conscience person. My goal is to make these in the next few weeks, they would be perfect for any kind of brunch or shower. I'm definitely going to post the recipe and photos when I'm done if they are any good! On that note, I've posted a poll regarding your favorite doughnut shop. I thought it would be a fun thing to do and try to be a little interactive!

1 comment:

Meg said...

Best doughnuts are at The Donut Stop in Amarillo. My favorite are the cherry frosted. I liked them before I became a cherry!

http://www.thedonutstop.com/