Pages

2.11.2010

Getting the hang out this

*Note that I originally wrote this on February 1st, so I'm a little behind on actually posting.  Oh well!

This weekend I reached huge strides in my freezer project.  But before I tell you about those items, let me tell you about my meal creation from last week.  One of the items I had was Steak Umm.  When Chris bought this a while ago, I had no idea what it really was, but that it was used to make cheesesteak.  I thought it was thin slices of meat you cook.  Well I couldn't have been more wrong.  I mean it is meat you cook, but it comes in a super thin rectangle.  I guess you do the slicing yourself.  I have seven, yes seven, of these steaks to eat.  So far I've eaten two, simply because I've eaten this meal twice.  I went on their website for ideas, because I didn't want to make cheesesteak.  Chris makes way better cheesesteak and I didn't want to be disappointed.  So I decided to go with a gyro recipe.  Of course when the time came to make it, I ended up skipping a lot of steps.  I was tired and didn't feel like putting a lot of effort into my dinner.  It worked out well though.

The ingredients...sandwich thin, steak umm, tzatziki sauce, and cucumber.
First slice up the cucumber paper thin.  You can do it any way you like, but I'm a paper thin kind of gal.
Then I fried up the steak ummm.  Doesn't this look god awful?  It really tastes much better than it looks.
After that was done, I layers the tzatziki sauce, then the cucumber and then the meat.  This is final before the meat.  I guess I forgot to take an after.

I also made blueberry banana bread this weekend, which used up the frozen blueberries and bananas, and invited my parents to dinner which used up the filet mignon.  Slowly but surely I will do this!        

No comments: