Pages

2.05.2009

A Busy Week

This week has been pretty busy after work for me. Tuesday was my parents' 30th wedding anniversary. Congratulations Mom and Dad! I love you both very much and you are the best parents...EVER. My parents, my gramma and I went to Donovan's, a swank steakhouse by their house to celebrate. The meal was amazing, my mom and I shared a crab cake appetizer and then I had filet mignon smothered in bleu cheese and a port wine reduction sauce. It was honestly one of the best steaks I have ever had. To top it off, I insisted that I needed dessert and ate an entire brownie with ice cream, chocolate sauce, whipped cream and strawberries. It was worth every calorie.
My parents before the big dinner.

Tonight I went over to my friend Colby's house to make dinner at her new condo. She got married a few weeks ago, and I hadn't seen the new place, so we decided to hang out and cook dinner. It was just the two of us (and their dog) and we made buffalo chicken pizza and bread, and then made dessert. It was very fun because Colby likes to chop stuff, so she did all the chopping, while I took care of the assembling. We also had some wine that they bought during their honeymoon in Napa. Here's a few photos of our creations.

The Buffalo Chicken Pizza. Very simple to make and oh so good.

Our dessert creation...layers of graham crackers, white chocolate pudding and strawberries.


Their puppy Sarge. I couldn't resist, he's adorable!

1 comment:

Meg said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JANELLE!

Hope you have a wonderful day!